by Wendy Gabriel
Carole Brown at Ecosystem Gardening has bestowed upon me the honor of The Honest Scrap Award. Like she mentioned in her post, I don’t usually do these kinds of things, but Carole has perfected the art of gentle persuasion, so here it is.
To accept this honor, I have to tell you 10 honest things about myself that you wouldn’t know from reading this site. And I have to tag 7 other bloggers to participate. Thanks Carole!
So here we go, 10 things to know:
- My favorite color is purple… any shade. Purple has been my favorite color probably since the day I was born. I’ve never waivered. Other colors have tried to surpass purple in my heart… spring green has come close but purple remains my color of preference.
- My dream is to be a published Children’s Book author and illustrator. I have a few books near completion (one I’ve been “working” on since I was in middle school), a journal full of written ideas and sketchbooks full of visual ideas.
- I love milk chocolate. I know that all the health benefits come from dark chocolate… but I can’t help myself. My favorite is Green & Black’s Organic (Milk).
- I’ve lived in Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York and currently in Fargo, North Dakota.
- I have three younger sisters. I’m very close emotionally to all of them and very far away in actual driving miles… thank goodness for cell phones, email and texting.
- I am a twitter addict. I’ve met some amazing people through twitter (like Carole) and am always learning something new.
- I do hug trees… lots of them.
- I can’t think clearly when my home isn’t organized… right now it’s not quite organized.
- I frequently forget my canvas bags when I go to the store or I only bring one when I need two or three. Luckily, I carry a big purse…
- I love lists (which is probably tied in to #8). I make lists for everything. Frequently when I mention something I forgot to do, my six-year-old daughter replies, “You should’ve really put that on a list.”
Tag, you’re it:
- Christopher Gabriel at The Christopher Gabriel Program.
- Mindy Lockard at ManneroftheMonth.com.
- Leslie Quigley at Recycle Your Day.
- Marghanita Hughes at Marghanita.com.
- Adam Shake at Twilight Earth.
- Becky Striepe at Glue & Glitter.
- Katherine Center at KatherineCenter.com.
Feel free to stop back and post a link to your Honest Scrap!