by Wendy Gabriel
Earth Day is fast approaching. Do you know what you’ll be doing to mark Earth Day’s 40th year? How about a trip? I just found out about a really cool contest from a really cool guy name Nathan Winters. If you’re on Twitter run, don’t walk, to sign up for some great prizes including a chance to win a trip for two to the Earth Day Celebration in Washington, DC Saturday, April 24 – Monday, April 26th, 2010. If you’re not on Twitter, wouldn’t it be worth it to sign up?
Here are the details from Create the Good:
Tweet for a chance to Win!
Tweet about ways to Go Green for a chance to win a trip for two to the Earth Day Celebration in Washington, DC Saturday, April 24 – Monday, April 26th.
The grand prize winner will receive a trip for two to Earth Day on the National Mall Saturday, April 24th – Monday, April 26th 2010 including:
- Round trip flights for winner + guest. Flight will arrive in Washington, DC on Saturday, April 24th and return on Monday, April 26th.
- 2 Night Hotel Stay (1 Room, Double Occupancy).
- Earth Day gift bag, courtesy of Earth Day Network including:
- 2 tee shirts & 2 VIP passes to Earth Day events on Sunday, April 25th, 2010.
- $25 Metro Card
Once confirmed, the winner will be announced publicly on Twitter and createthegood.org. The winner may also be asked to share his/her Earth Day experience (optional) for post sweepstakes promotion.
How to Enter
- Follow @createthegood.
- Tweet to @createthegood. Include to the #gogreen hashtag and use the remaining characters to share inspiring stories about people who are making a positive impact on our environment, or ways to “go green” in 5 minutes, 5 hours or 5 days.
- Submit as many tweets as you’d like throughout the sweepstakes period, but only one Sweepstakes entry per Twitter account will be submitted for the random drawing. Retweets are a valid means of entering the sweepstakes, providing that they meet all of the above eligibility criteria.
- Please note: You cannot send direct messages to @createthegood as a sweepstakes entry. Direct messages will not be counted as valid entry into the sweepstakes.
- You can find Sample Tweets at Create the Good.